Johnny Weir Biography

Johnny Weir Biography
Full Name:  John Garvin Johnny Weir
Popular Name: Johnny Weir
Date of Birth: July 2, 1984
Place of Birth: Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Nationality: United States

Johnny Weir was born July 2, 1984. He is an American figure skater. Johnny Weir is a three-time U.S. National Champion (2004-2006), the 2008 Worlds bronze medalist, a two-time Grand Prix Final medalist and the 2001 World Junior Champion. He has a brother, Brian, who is four years his junior. Weir was raised in Quarryville, Pennsylvania, a town in southern Lancaster County. His family moved to Newark, Delaware soon after Johnny began skating at the age of twelve to be near his training rink and coach.

Weir skated with the Champions on Ice touring ice show every spring from 2004 until 2007, their last season before going out of business. In the book, Weir wrote, “I’m not ashamed to be me. More than anyone else I know, I love my life and accept myself. What’s wrong with being unique? I am proud of everything that I am and will become.” He added that being gay “is the smallest part of what makes me me.”
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free My Ping in TotalPing.com